Stories are for everyone! I was very lucky to have teachers who encouraged me as a reader and a writer – and one in particular who introduced me to choice-based fiction during my own time in KS2. I still have a copy of that first book I wrote and published: it’s a dear possession and one I often show to children beginning their own projects. Since training as a teacher I’ve refined my own literacy focus and used choice-based fiction throughout my placements, positions and freelance work. It never fails to engage children – even the most frustrated.
Since 2008 I’ve worked in schools in Newham, Islington, Greenwich and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. I’ve also been a tutor to children, young people and adults across London since 2014.
- 2008-2012 Literacy Co-Ordinator, Bisham CofE Primary School, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- 2012-2014 Creative Curriculum Co-Ordinator, Winsor Primary School, London Borough of Newham
- 2014 onward Personal tutor
- 2014-2018 Teacher (Full and Part-Time) St Mary Magdalene Academy, London Borough of Islington
- 2017 onward Steam Highwayman Gamebook series
- 2018 onward Supply teacher across London
- 2018 onward Write-Your-Own-Adventure project